Field Notes Expedition 48-Page Dot-Graph Waterproof Notebook 3 Pack
The FNC-17 “Expedition Edition” features a hi-visibility “Antarctic Survey Orange” front cover and a “Polar Night Black” back cover, with a subtle varnish effect featuring a topographic map of Antarctica. The body pages feature the popular dot-graph paper, printed in light gray.The whole book is printed on Yupo Synthetic paper, an amazing water- and tear-proof paper extruded from polypropylene pellets in Chesapeake, Virginia. Since the paper doesn’t actually absorb ink, we recommend using regular ballpoint pens or pencils for writing.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Stromberg Allen & Company, Tinley Park, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 74#C “Bright White,” with thick, brute force applications of “Polar Circle Gray” and “Hi-Visibility Orange” soy-based Superior inks, coated with a clear protective varnish.
- 03. Innards: Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 57#T “White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Cartographer’s Gray” soy-based Superior ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Man Roland 700 perfecting 40" 4-color press.
- 05. Bound by a Muller Martini “Bravo Plus” 4-pocket stream-fed saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a ⅜" (9.5mm) radius with a Consolidated 250 hydraulic die-cutting machine.
- 07. Dot-graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|