Field Notes X Wilco Box Set - Dot-Graph Paper Memo Notebook 6 Pack
The extended Wilco and Field Notes families have many connections not the least of which is their hub city, Chicago. Jim, Aaron, and the Field Notes Crew are huge Wilco fans and were thrilled at the opportunity to collaborate with a band they love. A truly collaborative project; each member of Wilco was paired with an exceptional artist. Each pair was handed the same limited palette of colors and Field Notes let them improvise.
This “Wilco × Field Notes” Box Set is the result. The box contains six Memo Books reflecting the craft and talent of the artists and the passions and personalities of the musicians. Field Notes co-founder Aaron Draplin recruited the artists and oversaw the process.
All six 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" books feature French Construction 100# “Grout Gray” covers with red, blue, and yellow spot inks. Bodies are Finch Opaque 60# “Bright White” text-weight with a light gray dot-grid. The set is packaged in a durable, custom-made slipcase that’s been constructed with the same paper and ink for a perfect match.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Construction 100#C “Grout Gray,” with a thick, brute force, 3-color application of red, blue, and yellow soy-based Toyo inks.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of gray soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|